Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Card Shutters

Every year I have the same dilemma when it comes to Christmas cards.  Where do I put all the cards I get?  Every year I do something different.  Some years I have placed them in a cute basket and other years I have arranged them on top of a shelf.  I have seen others tie ribbon to a cabinet and display them on that but I personally don't like that, makes my kitchen feel cluttered.
 
So as I was browsing Pinterest last month I came across the cutest idea ever to hold my Christmas cards.  The idea is found here

What you do is find a pair of old shutters (or new ones) and paint them your desired color (mine was Red Pepper by Krylon).  Hang them on the wall and place cards inside slots.  Here is a before picture of the shutters hanging by themselves.  In fact I loved them so much there that I think I will keep them there all year long and maybe place random photos throughout the year.  Just a thought for now.


And here are the shutters starting to get full of cards.  Please ignore that some of them were not placed in far enough so they are hanging out.  I was just too lazy to fix them and take another picture. 
Anyways I love the look of this and it saves me the dilemma of figuring out what to do every year with all those Christmas cards. 

How do you display your Christmas cards?

Pin It
Photobucket

4 comments:

Kimberly T. said...

I always have the dilemma of what to do with them, too. Right now I use mini clothespins and clip them onto the garland wrapped around my stair railing. It's okay, but a little annoying, too. I really like this idea. Do the cards ever slide out the back?

Tenille said...

I haven't had any slip yet. So far they have all stayed put and I have these right by my front door and even with the door being opened and closed I haven't had a single card fall or move yet.

Waseem said...

shutters look so beautiful...and of course the colour speak volume.


window shutters clayton, ca

Unknown said...

This is well colored to fit the wall and it looks pretty to use as a card holder.
Rolling Shutters

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...