Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Getting White Marks Off Your Table

About a year ago I was enjoying a nice bowl of oatmeal.  I had put it on top of a dish towel while I ate it at the table (I didn't want to put the hot bowl directly on the table).  To my horror when I finished my bowl of oatmeal there was a silver dollar sized white spot on my table.  I quickly tried wiping it away and it just didn't go away.  For the next 2 weeks I would work on that stupid spot.  But alas nothing changed.  I finally admitted defeat and had to come to terms with the fact that I had just defaced our beautiful dining table. 
Fast forward to last night.  My husband and I had just enjoyed some yummy, hot soup.  My hubby had warmed his soup up in the microwave and then placed it on top of a paper towel.  Of course when he finished eating he picked his bowl up and to his horror there was a large white mark. 
As fate would have it, I had just seen on Pinterest (don't you love that site:) a tip for getting white spots off your table.  I hadn't tried it out yet on my other white spot so when I saw that my husband had left a white spot on the table I told him to try this method. 
This method comes from here from the Little Green Notebook. Its so simple and very effective. 

First you take a dish towel or cloth napkin and get it damp. 

Then you place it over the white spot.

Heat an iron on medium heat and iron over the towel/napkin.  Make sure to never stop moving the iron. 

Do a few quick strokes with the iron and WAH LA.  The white spot will disappear. 

There is a scientific reason as to why this works and if you want to know it then click the above link.  I frankly didn't care for why it worked.  All I cared about was that it worked.  It worked on our fresh white spot and our year old spot.   Unforunately I was so excited that it actually worked that I didn't take any before or after pictures but just trust me on this. 

So if you have pesky white spots on your table try this easy and effective method.  It will transform your table into that perfect table she used to be:)

Pin It
Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome...you can find anything on Pinterest. I will be trying this...I have a couple of white spots too!!
Thanks so much for sharing!

Charissa said...

I have so many years worth of x?!!?xrurgh! on my table from doing preschool and having 4 kids of my own destroy it as well, that I don't want to fix it. I want all that destruction to drive my husband crazy so he'll WANT to buy a new one. Maybe I'll use your post to help me make more spots on my table (I didn't know hot oatmeal could do that). Thanks, Ten.

Cara Lee said...

Charissa, you are too funny! But I know exactly how you feel. Thanks for the chuckle today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...